Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
This is a time of change. The systems in place that deliver services, education and support to individuals with disabilities are complex and difficult for families to navigate without a guide. And in this time of change, it’s even more difficult. It’s challenging to keep up with changing regulations; even people who work in the system don’t always have the most up-to-date information.
If you would like Outside The Box Associates to provide a presentation to your group, please call or email us at least 3 weeks prior to the desired date. We have many years experience–both of personal and professional– with the preschool, K-12 and adult systems that provide services to individuals with disabilties. Some of the topics we are fluent in are:
- System Redesign (OPWDD)–Self Direction, Direct Support Professionals, Budget Authority and The Olmsted Act–What You Need To Know
- Transition (from high school to work or post secondary school)
- Office of People with Developmental Disabilities Front Door
- the IDEA (Individual With Disabilities Education Act)
- The Americans with Disabilties Act (ADA)
- Parent’s and students’ Rights Under the IDEA (your right to a Free Appropriate Education in NY State)
- Discipline and the IDEA: The Intersection of Behavior and Disability: FBAs and Behavior Intervention Plans
We will work with you to customize our presentation according to your needs.